Mark Sibayan - Series Director / Co-Director Brad Bolstad
2013-2014 Season Schedule (Times and dates subject to change )
USASA BX1 and BX2 originally scheduled for 2/1 and 2/2 have been postponed due to poor snow conditions. Please check the schedule for updates and Pray for SNOW
Registration from 8:00 to 9:30
$25 entry fee for members
$25 plus 1 day member $25= $50 for non members
$25 plus Full member $85 = $110 for full membership/entry
Discount lift tickets available.
Helmets are required to compete at all USASA Events
RJ2 Results R29_C202376_Results.pdf ,
Click the blue current schedule (CURRENT SCHEDULE)
A big shout out Steve Gype of Explosive Industries for the $100 cash purse for the Open class Men's Slalom division winner ! Thanks Explosive Industries!
Rail Jam age group results ( R29_C202376_Results.pdf )
2013/14 Season is fast approaching, get your membership now and save $
The 2013/14 Chuck Allen Scholarship Applications and National Assistance Award forms are now ready for download on the USASA Main page under the Foundation Tab, all riders invited to the Nationals are encouraged to apply.
The following are the National dates for the upcoming seasons and will be hosted by Copper Mountain Resort, CO
March 29 - April 8, 2014 March 28 - April 7, 2015
March 26 - April 5, 2016 and April 1 - April 11, 2017
Planning dates for the 2014 National Championships are as follows:Snowboarding Nationals:Early Bird Registration,Practice and Opening Ceremonies,Competition, thru , April 3trdWeather Day,Skiing Nationals:Practice and Opening Ceremonies,Competition,Weather Day,Additional information:Lodging discount codes for all athletes, families, etc. that will be attending nationals...Copper Lodging: 866-837-2996
More informaiton to follow shortly!!!!!
Another great season is upon us! Want to compete? All of our USASA point-rated events can lead to a direct seed into the USASA National Championships set for Copper Mountain, Colorado. Here's how it works, simply win your age division and an invitation is yours! We offer 26 different age divisions (13 for men and 13 for women). Skiers are invited to participate and earn an invitation to the Nationals for Halfpipe, Slopestyle, and SkierCross. Our events are held at the Bear Mountain and Snow Summit, Snow Valley, CA, and Mountain High Resort in Wrightwood, CA.
Check your Helmets
The use of an APPROVED FOR SNOWSPORTS USE ASTM 2040 / CE 1077B/CPSC will be required before you are allowed to participate in the contest.
No "dude" or "dude whats up with that"...........get the right lid on your head, I don't want to have to be telling you "10 cent helmet - 10 cent head". I highly recommend you get a new APPROVED FOR SNOWSPORTS USE helmet .
Shown below are a few of the companies that make approved helmets. They'll have a sticker inside stating "APPROVED FOR SNOWSPORTS USE & the ASTM 2040 / CE 1077B/CPSC tags. Some manufacturers make both types, Bern for example makes the BAKER in a Hard Hat which is NOT APPROVED and also an EPS Foam Model that Seth Wescott wears which is APPROVED.
Talk to the guy or gal in the shop, be sure they show you the sticker that says its approved before you lay down your cash, cause if you show up wearing a helmet thats not approved, you're gonna be a DNS!
Competition Fees include:
- USASA Membership - You must be a USASA Member to compete. Click the links above to Join the USASA or if you are a returning Member, Login to renew.
- Discounted Competitor Lift Tickets are available for $25.00 (subject to change).
- A per event entry fee applies. Breakfast and lunch may be included at every event! Plus a huge prize pool at every event! Medals to 3rd place.
- Need more info? Check out our event schedule at www.mthigh.com for any schedule changes as we do not update changes on this site.
Free Skiers Welcome!
If you didn't already know. The USASA allows for skiers become members and enter Slopestyle, Halfpipe. Skiers have their own divisions seperated by age groups and gender. Be sure to tell all your friends when your in the park that they too can compete and join in on the fun. See you on the hill!
Event registrations are held at Bear Mountain and Snow Summit Resorts, Snow Valley Resort and Mountain High West Resort Lodge
Registration begins at 7:00 am and continues to approx. 9:30 am the morning of the event.
- Pre-registrations are not accepted at our venues.
- Lift tickets are at a discounted price (If you already have a pass you are ahead of the game)
- Cash or personal checks drawn on local banks are accepted as the form of payment for the events. (There is an ATM in the lodge for your convenience) returned checks will result in temporary blocking your membership status until full restitution of the NSF is received.
- Depending on WiFi reception, Credit cards may be accepted.
Helmets are required for all USASA point rated events.
Each Competitor is required to know all of the rules of the USASA (read the Rule Book!).
How do I Qualify for the Nationals?
To qualify for the USASA 2014 National Championships, TO BE HELD AT COPPER MTN, COLORADO, you must fulfill one of the criteria listed below:
- Be pre-qualified from last year (Won 1st place at the last Nationals) and compete in at least half of this seasons events.
- Win the top overall points in your age division per discipline.
- You may qualify for the USASA Nationals in single disciplines, for example; HalfPipe, SlopeStyle, Giant Slalom, Slalom, or BoarderCross®.
- On occassion the first place points leader may not want to participate at the National Championships, therefore the 2nd place points leader is offered the seat.
- The National Ranking system will then determine the next rider in-line for an open slot in an age group and venue.
- It is advisable that you may need to travel to another series outside to gain an additional amount of points to raise your positioning on the National Ranking System.
Why do we have two events with the same date?
This question has been asked quite a few times, the answer is quite simple. Being residents of Southern California we have been blessed with having a limited number of days on the snow each season and being required to have a minimum number of events for athletes to be eligible for the National Ranking System, we must double up events on certain days to meet the criteria. Therefore, on certain competition days we hold two separate events.
Sponsor's for Southern California Series