|Updated February 2nd, 2015|
2014 - 2015 Season
Latest News | Series Dir Announcements | Competition Info | Mountain Info / Lodging | Nationals Information | Contact
Parents and Athletes: The Telluride Rail Jam under the lights HAS BEEN RE-SCHEDULED TO POWDERHORN on 03/01/2015. We will be having 2 Rail Jams on Sunday 03/01/2015, bring your bionic legs, it's going to be a GREAT and BUSY weekend!
RULE BOOK PUBLISHED:The new rule book has been published for the 2014 – 2015 season. Rulebook is located here: https://www.usasa.org/members/membership/rulebook.html and is also up on our website http://www.swcoloradoseries.com, under ‘RULE BOOK’. Check out the changes to the rule book, which include:
1) Helmet Mounted Cameras: Use of helmet mounted cameras is NOT allowed… Competitors will not be allowed to enter a course or venue with a helmet mounted camera. If you have camera mounts attached to your helmet, please cover them with tape so there are no edges that can catch on fencing, gates etc.
2) Age Groups for Banked Slalom…. Age groups will be the same groupings used for Rail Jam.
3) Snowboard Gate Faults – A gate has been passed correctly when the competitor has at least the front foot fixed in the bindings on the board and the entire board crosses the gate line. In case of a fall, the competitor must pass through the turning gate line. (Previously a gate had to be passed with BOTH feet rigidly fixed to the snowboard). This applies to both Snowboard Alpine, Banked Slalom and Boarder Cross events. No changes to Skier Cross gate faults.
Bibs: We will be re-using our Regional bibs from last season. If you purchased a bib last season, bring that with you to the events this season. This is for Regional Bibs only. Do not bring your bibs from last years Nationals.
New Website Announcement: The SW Colorado Series now has a NEW Website, with a ton of new features, including a Mobile area where you will find start lists, results, live timing and some other cool features. Check us out: www.swcoloradoseries.com
Southwest Colorado Series returns to Telluride!! We're really excited to announce that the SW Colorado Series will have some competitions in Telluride this Season. It's been 4 years since we've been in Telluride, and we're happy to be back! All you Telluride Shredders and Skiers... be prepared to show off your stuff on your home turf this year. This years schedule is now posted, see below for additional details.
2014 - 2015 Competition Schedule is POSTED! This is shaping up to be the best season yet for the SW Colorado Series. The 2014 - 2015 Competition Schedule is finalized and posted! You can see the schedule here: www.swcoloradoseries.com
No More Free One Day Trial Memberships - Due to the overwhelming costs of one day free trials to the USASA organization, effective this season... there will be NO MORE one day free trial memberships.
GoPro / Video Games Event Video Contest
We are expecting that Video Games Event will be hosting another Video contest this year. No details yet. Stay Tuned!
Volunteer Opportunities available:
USASA Registration for 2014 - 2015 season is OPEN!
Click for Membership Registration
Approved helmets are required to participate in ANY event. Helmets used in USASA Snowboard/Ski events shall be specifically designed and manufactured for use in snow sports and shall bear a CE mark and conform to recognized and appropriate standards such as CEE 1077 or US 2040, ASTM 2040. ALL Competitors, ALL Ages must wear a helmet!
2014 - 2015 Competition Schedule can be found here: www.swcoloradoseries.com under the Comp Schedule.
Registration on the day of an event (in person) will VARY from 7:30am - 9:00 am in the morning. This will help with event start times, and keep us on schedule through out the season! Check the Fact Sheets located on our competition schedule at www.swcoloradoseries.com
2014 - 2015 Series Competitions
| iCalendar Format- Google Cal, Apple Cal
Firefox, Google Chrome, iPad, iPhone
| Download/Save/Open in your Calendar App
Internet Explorer - or if above link does not work
Event Registration Fees:
Below are the registration fees for this seasons events. You MUST be a member of USASA to compete in these events.
1 Day USASA Membership: $35 (available in person at event registration only)
USASA Full Season Membership: $85 (before Oct 31), $100 Nov 1st and onward
** Cash and Credit/Debt Card only! No Checks. No exceptions!
||$ 40*||$ 45
||$ 55*||$ 45
* DMR Passholders: Get 1/2 off lift tickets at CBMR. Must purchase at main CBMR Ticket office
** DMR Passholders: Get 3 free days at Powderhorn Mountain Resort
** CBMR Passholders: Get 1/2 off lift tickets at Powederhorn Mountain Resort
Riders Meeting & Event Start times will be posted at registration, and on this site.
|1 Skier Place
Durango Mountain Resort
Discounted Lodging available: 844-406-2733
|Location: Alpine Room at the Lodge at Mountaineer Square
7:30 am – 8:45 am
Guest Service Center 970-728-7575
|Location: TSSC club House
(Bottom of Lift 7 Coonskin Lift)
7:45 am - 8:45 am
970-268-5168 or 970-268-5700
|Location: Main Lodge Ground Floor
8:00 am - 9:00 am
Nationals Qualifications:Updated 10/12/2014 - To qualify for National Championships for 2014 - 2015 Season at Copper Mountain, a Competitor:
- Must be the Series Champion for a discipline and age group
- Series Champion determined by HIGHEST SERIES POINT total
- Points obtained outside Series will count towards National Ranking only.
- Ties in points for Series Champion are handled as follows:
- GS, SL - Fastest Total Times then Start List (Later in Start List receives preference)
- BS - Fastest Total Times then Start List (Later in Start List receives preference)
- SS - Best Scores then (Later in Start List receives preference)
- HP - Best Scores then (Later in Start List receives preference)
- RJ - Best Scores then (Later in Start List receives preference)
- SX/SBX - Best Time Trials then (Later in Start List receives preference)
** Note: You MUST be a certified coach to receive access to event venues (starting area) and to be eligible for USASA Coach lift tickets. No exceptions!. Coaches will be required to present proof of certification/coaching license to receive tickets and access to coach areas!
Lodging reservations for 2015 USASA National Championships.
Contact and Additional Info:
If you would like to donate to the USASA Foundation Click HERE
Some of our Series Sponsors: