2014-15 USASA Membership Drive is off to a Great Start!
2013/14 USASA Memberships have expired!
The new 2014 / 2015 Season has begun!
Join or renew before November 1st to save $15.00 to continue to receive your membership benefits through out the season.
USASA members receive:
- Exclusive Member Discounts at Promotive on winter and summer gear
- All members are automatically entered into the monthly Never Summer Snowboard giveaway
- A Free digital subscription to Transworld Snowboard Magazine for Snowboarders *One Subsription Per Household
- A Free subscription to FREESKIER Magazine. Each USASA Freeski member will receive a card in their packet to complete and send in to activate their magazine subscription *Valid for 6 issues total
- 50% discount off of the sessions at Woodward at Copper
- The chance to compete all season long for fun, prizes and your chance for a spot at the 2015 USASA National Championship @ Copper Mountain!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
The opening ceremonies began with a very special moment as we honored the legacy of the founder of the USASA, Chuck Allen. Having Chuck's family join us on stage, to share the excitement surrounding our Silver Anniversary, was truly an awe-inspiring moment. It was great seeing this year’s Chuck Allen Founder’s Award winner, Don Sather, accept his well-deserved award, recognizing his years of dedicated service to the USASA.
From our humble beginnings, kick-started with a $500 donation from Transworld Snowboard Magazine, our membership has grown to over 5,000 strong. Without you, we would not be able make the USASA National Championships happen, year after year. The efforts of our 30 Series Directors, combined with the passion of thousands of dedicated volunteers, has created a movement that provides opportunities for thousands and launched hundreds of professional snowboard and freeski careers.
Thank you to all of our sponsors!
Their continued support, makes it possible for the organization to provide opportunities for the next generation of kids on snow. Please support the companies that proudly sponsor the USASA.
Next year, USASA Series will once again host more than 500 events nationwide, to send the best representatives from their regions to compete in the largest snowboard and freeski event in the world. This year, to assist competitors in financial need, the USASA Foundation distributed over $35,000 in scholarships and we plan to double that figure next year.
On behalf of the USASA, thanks for making the 25th Anniversary of the USASA National Championships such an amazing experience. You are all part of something truly special!
USASA Executive Director
VAST Action in Action
VAST ACTION IN ACTION!
To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the USASA National Championships, we partnered with VAST Action Photography, providing all competitors the opportunity to freely download images from the event. They provided a team of photographers who covered every single venue as it was happening. This means they photographed every single rider and skier who competed. No small task!
We'd like to extend our appreciation for their dedication in getting the shot with a few images of them hard at work:
No matter the weather conditions!
Flying high over head, not a problem!
May look like he's lying down on the job, but it's all about the perfect camera angles!
VAST Action will continue to upload images collected for BOTH Snowboard and Freeski National Championships. Their galleries will include group photos of each individual series from their respective Opening Ceremonies, action photos, and both formal and candid images of the awards at Burning Stone Plaza.
How to Download:
- Visit: http://usasa.vastaction.com
- At the TOP of the window you will find a "search box." Enter either/or FIRST or LAST Name
- Once you've hit 'ENTER,' a collection of thumbnails will appear and from there you can view, share to respective social media sites, and download free files.
- The other option is to click through either Snowboard or Freeski Collections.
- Have Questions? You can reach them via Facebook. Twitter @vastaction #vastaction
Sunshine with a Side of Snow for Day One
Deven Fagan of Brownfield, ME (Maine Mountain Series) gaining quality amplitude out of the Super Pipe yesterday morning. Photo: Jennifer Langille / USASA Staff
Cody Laplante of Incline Village, NV (North Tahoe Series) and winner of the Gold Medal for Skier Boys (10-12) making the hike back to the top of Copper Mountain's Super Pipe during yesterday's practice runs. Photo: Jennifer Langille / USASA Staff
2013-14 Team USASA Member Brant Crossan of Steamboat Springs, CO (Rocky Mountain Series) secured the $2,000 prize for winning Gold in the Skiercross for Open Men Division yesterday. Pictured here on the podium with Randy Malm (Silver) of Mammoth Lakes, CA (Southwest Colorado Series,) and Greg Murray (Bronze) of Trumbull, CT (Southern Vermont Series.) Photo: Jennifer Langille / USASA Staff
*** COMPLETE LIST OF DAY 1 RESULTS ***