March 7, 2014. The USASA is pleased to announce new elements that competitors will enjoy at the 2014 USASA National Championships. In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the first USASA National Championships, founding members of the organization will be in attendance along with members of the family of the USASA co-founder, Chuck Allen. Memorabilia from the past 24 National Championships including medals, bibs, correspondence from competitors and alumni of the USASA will all be at Copper for this year’s events. In addition to celebrating the 25th Anniversary, some exciting new elements include:
· VAST ACTION Photographers will be on site, taking professional quality photos at all venues during both Snowboard and Ski week. All VAST Action Photos are FREE this year. That’s right…. parents can leave their cameras at home and not have to worry about paying for high quality photos after the event. FREE Photos for ALL athletes at Nationals this year!
· MEDICINE IN MOTION will be on site, set up at the top of the Halfpipe venue, offering free Physical and Massage therapy.
· VIDEO NIGHT, SUNDAY MARCH 30TH AT WOODWARD. Screening of the top 10 videos from the nationwide contest. A panel of judges will be on hand to score the top films and online voting will take place all week to determine the winners.
· BANKED SLALOM. TONS of enthusiasm for this new event. It will be staged just above the Rail Jam venue, affording great viewing from Burning Stones Plaza! Criteria for qualifying detailed on the website.
· USASA National Championships MOBILE APP. The new app, developed by RMS Series Director, Paul Krahulec has EVERYTHING related to the Championships: Schedule of events, Comprehensive Riders Guide, Copper Mountain event site map, discounts at Copper, Athlete groups, Results and much more. Download from Q-Reader at Registration.
· FREE “CARVE CLINIC” PRESENTED BY TEAM USASA MEMBERS. 2013-14 team member Maggie Rose Carrigan and other members of the team will be meeting interested carvers, March 29th at the American Eagle lift at 8:45 AM to head up for the clinic. The complete roster of clinicians will be posted at Athlete Registration.