Monday April 21, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

BX training/coaching?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: BX training/coaching?

BX training/coaching? 2 years, 1 month ago #912

I competed in one bx race last year and a few this year, but this is my only bx experience. It seemed that almost everyone at the races had coaches and knew exactly what they were doing. My question is how exactly do I get better at bx? One or two races a year wouldn't help me progress. Are there any bx camps I could go to? Or any clinics? Or could I hire a coach to train me? I am just curious how most people get to the level they are at and how they improve at bx because I would really like to progress in the sport I just don't know how.

Re: BX training/coaching? 2 years, 1 month ago #913

• BXSage
  • Fresh Boarder
I have trained for BX just by watching videos of the pros doing it and learning from them. Also practice on any rollers and just pump your legs and try to get faster every time then start doubling them. Hit some jumps without doing any grabs or tricks and practice your balance in the air. Also you are going to want to get really good at carving on your board one thing that helped me tremendously was when i started riding in hard boots and learning to race Giant Slalom it helped me in every area of snowboarding and its a lot of fun. Last thing I recommend is balancing on an indo board and when you get good having people bump you and try and knock you off balance because in boarder cross you are going to get bumped A LOT! Good luck!

Re: BX training/coaching? 2 years, 1 month ago #915

That makes sense and I can try to do some of these. However I still think if I could get training from somebody like a coach they could really steer me in the right direction and help me a lot. Also certain elements, for example a wu tang (if thats how you spell it), I think I would have a hard time practicing for these without actually practicing ON them since they are so unique and not found anywhere else but on a bx course. I just thought the best way to get a jumpstart into bx would be to get training of some kind.

Re: BX training/coaching? 2 years, 1 month ago #916

If you let us know what mtn your from, you can contact your series director who I'm sure knows a coach or coaching organization in your area.

Re: BX training/coaching? 2 years, 1 month ago #918

I live in New Hampshire, and the BX races I have been to have been at Ragged Mtn.

Re: BX training/coaching? 2 years, 1 month ago #919

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

This is the contact for your series I would try her.

Re: BX training/coaching? 2 years ago #927

It is awesome that you want to progress in BX! A coach will definitely help improve your bx skills on and off the coarse as well as with waxing for the snow conditions at the race. However snowboard skills are snowboard skills, and I agree with bxsage, you can practice on jumps and rollers at your mountain if you don't have access to a course. Key elements are being able to adapt quickly (aka ninja balance skills) and having a low center of mass over the features; so retract your knees over the jumps instead of ollying. If you have a pipe at your mountain you can practice airing out to the deck, trying to stay low to the deck, which would be the closest thing to a wu-tang. There are tons of subtleties once you are on the race course and having a great foundation of riding skills to pull from when you are on course just makes it easier! Good luck!

Re: BX training/coaching? 2 years ago #929

www.facebook.com/ScottyTahoe12#!/TahoeTT

CHeck out my FB page!! I really wish u were on the west coast i would take u to the top for sure!!! but i will be in Copper so if you are going hit up my FB page and we can chat, hey if anything i can tune your stuff up and thats half the battle!!! I actually own a small business that Tunes and Trains athletes for BX primarily but all other disciplines as well! Good luck in your search and if i can help answer any ?'s about nutrition, workouts, tuning, or u just want to have a laugh hit me up!!!!
Tahoe T&T (training and tuning)
owner/opperator
Scotty Corwin
Interested in sponsorship!

Re: BX training/coaching? 2 years ago #933

• sbx207
  • Fresh Boarder
To really advance at sbx you need to use every variation in terrain that your mountain has to offer. Take time to spin laps through the park, bomb and carve steeps, and ride the halfpipe. Overall comfort on your board is what will make you better at sbx, along with experience that you can only get from being in races. Happy riding.
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 1.33 seconds
You are here: Forum