Wednesday April 23, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Why only 2 results for regional RJ qualification?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why only 2 results for regional RJ qualification?

Why only 2 results for regional RJ qualification? 2 years, 1 month ago #905

• grommet
  • Fresh Boarder
Checking the regional rankings for RJ it appears they are only taking the top 2 results, is this correct? I was surprised as every other competition takes the top 3 results - just seems a little odd and there's nothing in the Rule Book related to this so I think everyone just assumed it's the top 3 regional results that would base qualification to Nationals...some regions hold 4 RJs

Could you advise why this might be? Also confused why the field size at Nationals is only 36 kids, that leaves only 3 spots for others if every regional winner or regional runner-up accepts so it's highly unlikey kids would make it on points alone...not much motivation to attend if you're not the best rider in a broad age group...

Re: Why only 2 results for regional RJ qualification? 2 years, 1 month ago #906

• nmorgan
  • Fresh Boarder
Not knowing the particulars of your series and how many rail jams were offered, I know that each series director had to choose a best of format prior to the start of the season. Meaning that they had to choose their Series Ranking Criteria (best 3 of 4 / best 2 of 3 or what ever they felt works best) for regional standings.

As for the rest of your questions, I don't know either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleschnake

Re: Why only 2 results for regional RJ qualification? 2 years, 1 month ago #924

• kduck
  • Fresh Boarder
Each series director determines what criteria qualifies a rider from their series as their "regional champion" and gets the 1st place bid. This should have been determined at the beginning of your season and conveyed to the parents. With our series we hold 4 events in every discipline and the person with the 3 best local scores gets our regional bid to nationals. Each series can be different, however they must have a minimum of 2 local events to be names the regional champion.

This is the first year having rail jams as an event so i believe that slots were limited to gauge the interest level. Also, if you notice on the Nationals Invites not all series have a regional champion which allows for a larger field for riders that want to compete in the rail jam to qualify through national ranking.

hope this helps.

~ Tiffany
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleschnake

Re: Why only 2 results for regional RJ qualification? 2 years, 1 month ago #925

• Rockstar
  • Fresh Boarder
interesting thank you, I am noticing for qaulifications the I for invited rider, do you know
how to qaulify this way?
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds
You are here: Forum