Thursday April 17, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Boardercross Lake Tahoe area teams?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boardercross Lake Tahoe area teams?

Boardercross Lake Tahoe area teams? 3 years ago #824

• cathie
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
My 15 year-old son wants to get into Boardercross racing.. We're thinking of moving up to either Truckee or South Lake Tahoe, CA areas. How do the leagues work around Tahoe? I know there's a team/training Boreal (meaning moving to Truckee), but what about Sout Lake Tahoe area? Is there a Heavenly team? Are there other teams in the Truckee area? How are the leagues divided up for each area, and what resorts offer teams/training?

Thanks!!

Re: Boardercross Lake Tahoe area teams? 2 years, 11 months ago #828

• 77dl
  • Fresh Boarder
Squaw valley snowboard team and the auburn ski club are the only two teams in the tahoe area that have real good boardercross programs

Re: Boardercross Lake Tahoe area teams? 2 years ago #936

• sbx207
  • Fresh Boarder
The Squaw team has a really strong program coach by Mort Nyberg. That would be my recommendation for Tahoe area sbx teams.

Re: Boardercross Lake Tahoe area teams? 1 year, 10 months ago #946

• sherim37
  • Fresh Boarder
Sugar Bowl Resort also has a team, and we have had 95% of our competitors have made it to the USASA Nationals. The best part about the Sugar Bowl team is that it is a small team and the riders receive very personalized attention. One problem I have heard about Squaw and Auburn Ski Club is that when their best riders are traveling there is a lack of coaching for the team members left behind. Sugar Bowl has 3 coaches and there is always 2 on the mountain with the riders. The team members are all great at encouraginging each other, and they have learned great sportsmanship from their coaches!!! Truckee and Tahoe areas also have a High School Snow Board teams that race Slalom and GS, Sugar Bowl had 2 of their competitors that made the State finals and our girl rider placed 1st in (I believe) GS and 2nd in Slalom. My son started on this team when he was 11 and now he is one of the coaches, this year my son placed 6th in the USASA Nationals boardercross for the 18-22 year olds. Jon is an awesome coach and has been a great influence on my son!!!!

You can contact the head coach and team manager Jon Matia at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or at 530-227-5972.
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds
You are here: Forum