Wednesday April 16, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

HELP!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELP!!!

HELP!!! 3 years, 1 month ago #710

I am new to snowboarding, but I want to get into competing. I've sent out emails to anyone that I can find dealing with snowboarding and haven't gotten any responses. I need to get a trainer. This is serious and a big deal for me. I want to train hard and go to 2014 (thats the ultimate goal). I want to be the first african american female to win an olympic medal. I understand it wont be a cake walk with the goal I have set, but any help or direction anyone can point me in would be great. I'm truly at a roadblock and don't know where to go from here. Oh and my state is Arizona so snowbowl or sunrise would be the mountain.

thanks in advance guys
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by angelikadevon.

Re: HELP!!! 3 years, 1 month ago #711

• natalie
  • Administrator
Hello -

There is a series that serves your area as far as USASA goes which is the Southwest Freeride series. Most events are in New Mexico, but if you are able to get there, they may be a good place to start networking. Otherwise, I would talk to your local mountain about training opportunities. Your goals are quite lofty, but good luck! You also might benefit from checking out training year-round to improve.
SW Freeride series has a couple of events left which I will post:

Mar 5, 2011 Slope Style Taos Ski Valley, NM

Mar 12, 2011 Slope Style Angel Fire, NM
Their USASA site is here: usasa.org/index.php?option=com_content&a...id=51&Itemid=366

Good luck! Have a good rest of the season!
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelikadevon

Re: HELP!!! 3 years, 1 month ago #721

thank you so much, I appreciate your help. And yes I know these are hefty goals, but you know what they say "go big or go home".
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 1.20 seconds
You are here: Forum