Friday April 18, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

new to boardercross, need help
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: new to boardercross, need help

new to boardercross, need help 3 years, 2 months ago #694

Basically I have only been on small boardercross courses that they have sometimes at mountains near me, but they are rarely there and when they are they are pretty small. I am interested in practicing boardercross but dont really know where to get started, like where i can find a good course to practice at or if i could find a team to practice with or what. I live in new hampshire, and looked online a little but couldnt find any local boardercross stuff, so I thought this would be a good place to go to get advice on how to get into it.

Re: new to boardercross, need help 3 years, 1 month ago #702

• natalie
  • Administrator
Hello -

I am not familiar with too many things out there, but perhaps a good place to start might be a USASA competition event. I looked up events in New Hampshire and they still have 2 BX races left this season. The course is likely to be do-able as there will be younger kids riding on it too. You could also network with people there and see if they know about training or teams in your area. At any rate, check it out:
Mar.05.2011 BX #2 Ragged New Hampshire BX
Mar.06.2011 BX #3 Ragged New Hampshire BX
You would just have to show up the day of the event and register for membership and the event to try it out.
Post up if you have any other questions. Have fun!

Re: new to boardercross, need help 3 years, 1 month ago #705

ok, thanks. I actually saw those events, but wasn't sure if they were open to everybody and every skill level. For registering, do I have to register to join the USASA and for the race? and if so how much would each cost?

Re: new to boardercross, need help 3 years, 1 month ago #709

• natalie
  • Administrator
They are open to everyone and every skill level. You would have to register as a member of USASA ($75) and register for each event ($25 per event). Check it out - its fun!
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 1.16 seconds
You are here: Forum