Wednesday April 23, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

boarder cross course question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: boarder cross course question

boarder cross course question 3 years, 2 months ago #666

• KTL
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello USASA I'm a 13 year old snow shredder from eastern oregon. I spend my days @ Anthony Lakes Resort. ive only been riding a few years and am really interested in boarder cross racing. Problem is there is no course anywhere around here. Im guessing there are courses at Mt. Bachelor and Mt. Hood, but how do i get access to them to practice and see if its my thing? aany replies would be great. Thanks.

Re:boarder cross course question 3 years, 2 months ago #667

• vtskier
  • Fresh Boarder
Could you google to get the information about their snowboard teams and call or email the head coach of each? I don't know how it works out west, but in the east it's usually a separate club from the mountain that houses alpine, freestyle & snowboard teams. Another thought would be to call each resort directly, or post a question on their business FB pages.

Re:boarder cross course question 3 years, 2 months ago #675

• RE_PDX
  • Fresh Boarder
I had the same problem (trying to figure out where to find a course) when I first decided to give it a shot on a whim about 4 years ago. I ride at Hood regularly (for almost 20 years), but never even knew there were such races even going on anywhere in Oregon until then. But, after some investigating, I finally heard of a SBX race at Bachelor (not USASA sponsored), made the trip down, and gave it my first try. I failed miserably, but I still had a blast. Now, I have competed in several USASA boardecross races (and other events) at Hood, as well as some events put on by Timberline, and the "Fusion Series" held at T-line and Skibowl. Some of these events are good events to just come get the feel for a racing, riding a course, etc, and they are essentially free (nominal fee for non-pass holders for Fusion Series).

As for just finding a course to practice on, that will be hard, since most of the courses are set up just for specific events and not maintained afterwards. I have the same desire for a "practice course", since running a course over and over is the best way to improve your speed and time, but that is just how it is.

Reagrdless, check Timberline website for dates of upcoming events, as well as the USASA Hood Series page for events. Best thing to do is just come out, sign up, and give it a shot. You don't have to be "good", it's all in fun, and everyone is pretty supportive and love to see new people giving it an effort. I'm an "old guy" who still has fun competing, even though I am not top caliber by any means, and just wish we had events like these available to me when I was younger! I can't wait to get my kids involved though when they are old enough, and I really encourage you to get involved, it's a blast, and will also help improve your riding skills. Plus, you'll meet some great people and make new friends along the way

Re:boarder cross course question 3 years, 2 months ago #676

• nmorgan
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey KTL,

I snowboard out of Bluewood and the group that I ride with choose to compete in the Inland Northwest Series. They have a Facebook account and you can email me for more info if you wish. My email is : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re:boarder cross course question 3 years, 2 months ago #678

Our last usasa events at bachelor are BX/SX (Central Oregon Series) Mt. Bachelor states they are going to build a course next week so people can get a few weeks practice before the event, I would call and check the progress though before coming up. Hope this helps! You can also call me with questions 5413509811 Michele
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds
You are here: Forum