Saturday April 19, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

BX comp dates?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: BX comp dates?

BX comp dates? 3 years, 3 months ago #643

• Socalrider
  • Fresh Boarder
I was just wondering if anyone knew when the BX dates are? oh and also, do u need a coach/or team to compete be in the open snowboarder division?

Thanx

Re:BX comp dates? 3 years, 3 months ago #644

• natalie
  • Administrator
The dates for BX are dependent on each series. You would have to decide which series is the closest to you, and then go to "Events" on the heading bar, then "Regional events", and pick to sort by the series. Judging by your username, I would assume that you would be closest to the Southern California series. Their BX date is February 6th at Snow Summit.
www.usasa.org/index.php?option=com_wrapp...apper&Itemid=417
Obviously if this is not the closest series, you will have to search for events.
Regarding your next question about open class, you do not need a team or coach. Anyone is able to compete in open class. Just realize that open class is the most competitive class of riders, and you will not be able to move down to an age group until the following season if you choose to compete in it. However, if you feel that open class fits you, by all means, compete in it. I attempted to copy and paste the rulebook, but it doesn't format right. If you want to take a look at it, go here:
www.usasa.org/images/stories/rulebook/2011rulebook.pdf
Rules regarding open class are at 102.04 and 102.05
Post up if you have any other questions! Have a good week!

Re:BX comp dates? 3 years, 3 months ago #647

• Socalrider
  • Fresh Boarder
oh ok thank you. i have a couple more questions....ummm......

1.) So, if i wanted to compete in the bordercross @ summit in Feb, all i have to do is pay $75 for a ''Full" membership and register at bear/summit the day of the event and that's it?

2.) Do i need a coach or sponsor to compete in the bordercross?

Thank You.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Socalrider.

Re:BX comp dates? 3 years, 3 months ago #648

• natalie
  • Administrator
Yes, you would pay $75 for the membership and then register at the event for the event. Each event is $25 on top of the membership.
You do not need a team/coach/sponsor etc to compete in boardercross OR open class. Just bring yourself and your riding gear!
Again, let me know if you have more questions!

Re:BX comp dates? 3 years, 3 months ago #650

• Socalrider
  • Fresh Boarder
oh ok sweet. are there "scouts" or any people looking for members to be on a team that are going to be at some of comps? i guess what i'm trying to ask is that, is this a good way to get recognized so i could take my snowboarding career to the next level??

Thank You

Re:BX comp dates? 3 years, 2 months ago #687

• natalie
  • Administrator
Hello -
At regional events, there are not "scouts" or anything, generally. The way to move up in USASA would be to qualify for Nationals, compete in open class, and do really well in open class. A lot of sponsors will pick folks based on riding videos that you send in as well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Re:BX comp dates? 2 years, 4 months ago #852

• jclark
  • Fresh Boarder
If I am registered with the Mammoth Unbound Series can I only compete in their BX events (I see only two on the calendar). Or, can I register for an event in another region?

Also, an rec's on how to meet up with other BX competitors in your region? First year in BX and would like to meet other riders and possible a coach/trainer.

Thanks for the help!
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds
You are here: Forum