Thursday April 17, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

National Rank
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: National Rank

National Rank 5 years, 2 months ago #43

• oneputt
  • Fresh Boarder
I was looking at the National Ranking Breaker boys SS and HP and noticed some points discrepancy's. For example: The third place finisher in HP Breaker boy's recieved 2690 points compared to third place HP Menehune boys 1520 points. I understand that you recieve 20 points for every competitor you finish in front of but there were only 15 more people in the breaker division. That would be 300 points not 1170. I realize I may not understand something in the points distribution at nationals that is different from the regional level. Is this correct.

Re:National Rank 5 years, 2 months ago #44

• jason
Something definitely looks WRONG. Unfortunately, ReDesign handles our rankings (as of last year) so I cannot fix anything myself. I have submitted a request for them to look into this and fix for us. I have no ETA on a fix though, so don't hold your breath!

Re:National Rank 5 years, 2 months ago #45

• oneputt
  • Fresh Boarder
No problem. I am sure it will be fun trying to get it sorted out. Sorry i had to be the bearer of bad news.

Re:National Rank 5 years, 2 months ago #47

• clakata
  • Fresh Boarder
It looks like there may be other mistakes as well. I thought you only got 10 points for other competitors you beat and 10 for yourself. At 2008 Nationals it looks like some scores ended up posted with 15 points per competitor beaten rather than 10 points.

Re:National Rank 5 years, 2 months ago #48

• jason
Nationals is a 15 point bonus, regional events are 10 point bonus.

Re:National Rank 5 years, 2 months ago #61

• seawench
  • Fresh Boarder
There is another problem with National Rankings: I noticed the top 3 scores were not always used in some of my family member's totals. No doubt, they are not the only ones!

Re:National Rank 5 years, 2 months ago #62

• jason
Until ReDesign can confirm that National Rankings are accurate I am going to have to remove the link from our website.

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #108

• Alan
Jason,
Not sure if you are aware of the the mistakes in Jr. Men HP National poionts.
I have an athlete , "Howe" with 2 actual finishes with a total 1790.
He is actually getting a score of 2810 on the board.

On a similar note, is there a date that the first round of invites will go out ?
Thanks for all you do
Alan

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #111

• ssamuels1
  • Fresh Boarder
There still seems to be a problem with the natioal rankings not picking up the top 3 results for each competitor. For example, in GS, My son's latest regional results are in, and the regional rankings show the correct top three results. However, the national rankings don't show the top 3 results. Rather they still show the first three results (initially, he had 2 regional results and a score for last year's nationals). Two more regional results were added last week (and were better), but the national ranking still selects the initial 3 results. Are they working on a fix?

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #113

• ssamuels1
  • Fresh Boarder
I guess I spoke to soon! Everything seems to have been corrected in the last few hours.

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #117

I was wondering if anyone has an answer to a question about national points.

The current national rankings in Slope Style youth men shows my son's three scores in the events run at our home series but not his points for the 2008 nationals slopestyle.

Shouldn't this total national points also reflect the points carried over from his place in the 2008 nationals slopestyle? I understood form the rule book that it was three events plus the previous nationals.

Thanks,

Paul

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #118

• jason
National Rankings include a riders best 3 scores, with 2 of those being their current season Home Series scores. The minimum requirement is 2 home series scores to have a National Ranking. The 3rd score can be one of the following:

3rd home series score
OR
The first travel score
OR
Last Years Nationals score

But only 3 scores total, not 3 plus Nationals.

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #119

Hey Jason,

I guess that is clear in the rule book I just mis-read it.

Thanks for the clarification.

Paul

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #124

• ssamuels1
  • Fresh Boarder
Jason, I'm seeing the problem with the national rankings not picking up the top 3 scores again. This time in HP for breaker boys. Is this just a matter of the database taking time to update? Thanks!

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #126

• jason
Without names I cannot research to see if there is a problem.

I assume it is because the events missing were not submitted before LAST Wednesday when National Rankings were last run. When they run tonight (every Wednesday night) my guess is that the results in question will show in the National Rankings as expected.

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #127

• ssamuels1
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for such a quick reply!! I'm sure that's the case, as these results were entered only a few days ago (after last Wednesday). I'll check back after the rankings are run tonight, but I'm sure that'll update things. Thanks again!

Re:National Rank 5 years, 1 month ago #132

• clakata
  • Fresh Boarder
I can see that the rankings were updated last night, but my son is not appearing in the rankings. He competed only one time as a BX skier this year and 11 events as a snowboarder. His division was inadvertently changed from Breaker to Skier and he is not receiving any ranking for the snowboarding events in Breaker GS, SL, HP and SS.

How can I get this fixed? Rider #5380.
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds
You are here: Forum