Sunday April 20, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

09 Nationals
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 09 Nationals

09 Nationals 5 years, 5 months ago #35

HI,
Wondering when we'll know event dates (ie: skiing dates of competition) so I can make work plans and airfare.

Also, there was talk of dividing the age groups among skiers to match the age groups in the snowboard divisions. Currently you potentially have 6th graders competing with high school juniors in the 11 - 15 age group. There was talk of breaking that up to 11 - 13 and 14 -15 age groups now that there are more skier competitors. Looking forward to next April. Last year was a blast and I just got to ski a foot of fresh in Mammoth last weekend.

Rachael

Re:09 Nationals 5 years, 3 months ago #41

• jason
Rachael,

I have been meaning to respond to this for a while, just haven't had time.

Event comp groups/days are being worked on and will be published pretty soon. It is a massive challenge to get done, guessing how many people will be in each age group Nationally before the season is almost impossible so getting it right is, well, impossible.

As far as Skier Divisions, the topic is such a big one, I am posting my reply as a new topic so it doesn't get lost under this thread.

Re:09 Nationals 5 years, 2 months ago #55

• AndyYT316
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Jason!

I'm in the Senior Men's division and for the past few years my competition days for nationals have been pretty spread out. Most of the time, I do GS on the first day and SL on the last day with BX right in the middle. I along with other riders out there are really busy with college and work and we're not sure if we'll be able to go to Nationals this year if the schedule is so spread apart. So, just a request for me and other riders I've hung out with...could we do the alpine/racing events during one half of the week and the freestyle events during the other half. It doesn't look like the military will be able to let me go for a full week this year. If my events are too spread apart, I'm afraid that I won't be able to attend Nationals this year. I know there are other riders out there that feel the same way. I don't think the younger kids have much of a problem with this, since they've got no problem with getting away from school. But if you could be of any help, it would be greatly appreciated!! I hope to see you and everyone at Nationals this year! I've locked in a spot for GS and SL by taking first today in my races!
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 1.52 seconds
You are here: Forum