Monday April 21, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Newbie Questions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions 3 years, 2 months ago #691

• SadiesNana
  • Fresh Boarder
I posted a question on the USASA Facebook wall and was instructed to come here if I had more. Here I am.

My granddaughter has already qualified for this year's nationals in her age group in two diciplines: HP and SS. She has one more each of SL, GS and BX still to race to determine if she qualifes for those as well. I wasn't entirely clear on the wall response - I'm guessing from that response that she must have a separate invite for each disicipline in order to participate in each at Nationals. (Receiving an invite for HP only allows her to compete in HP at Nationals, not all snowboard events.) If I've misunderstood, please do let me know.

I also had thought all invites were to be announced by March 1st. Booking travel less than 4 weeks out could get expensive. Are there any airfare discounts that we can access since the invites won't go out until 2 weeks before Nationals begin?

Thanks again for the info - sorry to be such a rookie.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Newbie Questions 3 years, 2 months ago #701

• natalie
  • Administrator
Welcome!
Sorry for the delay in response! You are correct about the invites for each discipline; if she is qualified for SS and HP now, she will still have to qualify for the other 3 via regional events.
Invites will go out on a rolling basis starting around March 15th due to events still finishing up. You can always check your regional rankings (if the discipline events are over) to see where she stands. We do not have an airfare discount, but the airfare has remained fairly constant into Denver for the last few months, and will likely remain that way into March. In addition, even if she only competes in HP and SS, she will still have a 7-day lift ticket.
Please reply if you have more questions - you're likely not the only one with the same questions!

Re: Newbie Questions 3 years, 1 month ago #706

• SadiesNana
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your response.

We have a condo reserved and need to pay in full by the 28th. Any chance of seeing the formal invites by that date?

She's definitely qualified for at least three events. Weather delays may continue to push out our region's BX events which might make it tough to get formally invited in time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Re: Newbie Questions 3 years, 1 month ago #712

• natalie
  • Administrator
Unfortunately we are unable to do invites by then due to many series still finishing up events. Typically, events will run through the weekend of March 11th. This is obviously not a ton of time, but it is the best we can do given the short season. Remember that lift tickets will be good for the entire duration, so worst case, maybe a couple days of freeriding in the mountains is the best plan!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.54 seconds
You are here: Forum