Friday April 18, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Son is a skier and a snowboarder
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Son is a skier and a snowboarder

Son is a skier and a snowboarder 4 years, 1 month ago #398

• gfatoots
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

We've posted our question here and emailed you directly, as has our series director, and I'm not sure if the question has been really explained properly. Seeing that prices have been posted has reminded me we don't really have the answer to our question.

My grommet boy switched to snowboarding full-time this season. However he did compete skier-cross with the hope to earn an invite as his snowboarding skills were still developing.

Our concern is this: we've understand that like the different age groups, snowboarders and skiers have different designations on their credentials at Nationals. Your prices state:

1 event: $250
2 events: $275
3 events: $300
4 events: $325
5 events: $350

Subsequent invites for snowboarders are pro-rated, for lack of a better way to describe it. If my son is invited as a skier AND a snowboarder, (which he most likely will be, as he is the only skier boy under 9 in his series) am I going to have to pay the *UPFRONT*, initial $250 for *BOTH* the snowboard event and the skier credential, or can the snowboard events be treated as 2nd, 3rd, etc events in terms of costs.

Thanks.
The topic has been locked.

Re:Son is a skier and a snowboarder 4 years, 1 month ago #437

• kduck
  • Fresh Boarder
Contact your Series Director and then if they don't have your answer ask them to contact the USASA Board.

Re:Son is a skier and a snowboarder 4 years, 1 month ago #440

• gfatoots
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah we finally got email responses.

Re:Son is a skier and a snowboarder 4 years ago #453

My son competed in skiing and snowboarding at the 2006 Nationals at Northstar, and the USASA registered him as two separate competitors but only charged for the events he was doing. At that time, it was a flat rate regardless of how many events you competed in. My son was issued 2 different bibs (one for his ski events, and one for snowboarding.) He was the first one to ever compete at USASA nationals in skiing and snowboarding, so the USASA has a precedent to follow based on past experience.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.84 seconds
You are here: Forum