Monday April 21, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Filling the fields
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Filling the fields

Filling the fields 5 years, 1 month ago #88

• Tetons
  • Fresh Boarder
When/how do you work your way down through the national rankings to fill the respective fields? Do you do it by email? Do you keep going down the rankings until the field is full or until you run out of kids that can attend?

Anyone that has been through this that can help, thanks!
The topic has been locked.

Re:Filling the fields 5 years, 1 month ago #89

• momonboard
  • Fresh Boarder
From what I experienced last year, the initial invites are sent by email, and those riders have a specified deadline to accept the invite (all done online). After that deadline, the open spots are then offered to the next riders on the National Rankings list. This process continues until the field is full.

Re:Filling the fields 5 years, 1 month ago #90

• Tetons
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the info...is it your experience that they get pretty deep in the national rankings on some of them?

Re:Filling the fields 5 years, 1 month ago #91

• joncasson
Teton-

Momonboard is correct. Initial invitees have a deadline to accept or decline their invite, if they dont reply at all- their invite will be automatically declines at the deadline. Then invites are sent out on a rolling basis as the next in line riders accept or decline. There will be a deadline when invites are cut-off regardless if the fields are full or not. Jason will have deadlines posted as we get closer to the invite date.

And yes, it does end up going pretty deep in a lot of divisions. For example, I looked at Youth Men HP from last year and it went to about 100th place in the National Rankings. Keep in mind that someone could be ranked far down in the rankings but still be their regional series winner and get an automatic spot. We're working with our software company to have some way to designate that in the rankings but I dont know if that'll happen this year.

If you'd like a (very!) detailed explanation of how slots are determined, please read my forum entry under qualifying for nationals. Hope that helps. Thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.05 seconds
You are here: Forum