Wednesday April 23, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

National Overall Rankings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: National Overall Rankings

National Overall Rankings 5 years, 1 month ago #128

• toots
  • Fresh Boarder
In the drop down for National Overall Ranking there doesn't appear to be a category for "Skier 10-under". My skier-son has 3 results in each of the three disciplines he can compete in, BX/HP/SS, which the Nationals News page says it will rank skiers under. I also can't imagine given how many young skiers there are in those individual event rankings that he is the only one who competed in all three. Was this an oversight?
The topic has been locked.

Re:National Overall Rankings 5 years, 1 month ago #129

• jason
We have never had a National Overall Ranking for skiers. This year at Nationals we will have a National Overall Title for those that compete in all 3 events there but we did not plan to have a National Ranking for it going into Nationals. Adding a new ranking to the MemberPro system this late in the season probably isn't a possibility but we can check.

Remember, the National Rankings are only used for qualifying people into Nationals, they mean nothing once Nationals starts. The persons place AT Nationals is their actual National Rank.

Re:National Overall Rankings 5 years, 1 month ago #130

• toots
  • Fresh Boarder
Not that it really matters except for the pride of a parent but, this was what is written on the Nationals 2009 page under "News" and what I was going off of:

Wednesday February 25, 2009

National Overall Awards/Rankings

Starting at the 2009 Nationals, we will be changing our Overall Awards. We will only have 1 Overall Award and ranking and that will be for riders that do ALL disciplines at Nationals. For snowboarders that means an overall ranking (and award) for those that compete in Halfpipe, SlopeStyle, BoarderCross, Slalom, and GS at Nationals. For skiers it will include Skiercross, Halfpipe and Slopestyle. We will no longer be awarding Overall Freestyle, Overall Alpine or Combined Overall which included Overall Freestyle and Overall Alpine.

And under the "quicklaunch" drop down menu, there is a "skier 11-15". Therefore, I wondered about why no "skier 10-under" when there is an overall for ever other group in the ranking system.

Re:National Overall Rankings 5 years, 1 month ago #131

• jason
The Overall Award AT Nationals, that you reference is for those skiers that qualify and compete at Nationals in all 3 disciplines. But again, it is separate from our ranking system going into Nationals.

I see the problem/confusion with the Skier 11-15 being in the Overall Rankings. San Gabriel allows skiers into their Slalom and GS events, USASA does not recognize these for points, etc. because we do not have skier divisions in SL and GS, but they allow them locally anyway for fun. Our National Overall Ranking calculation looks for anyone with scores in all five (5) disciplines and generates a ranking based on those scores. If you look at that ranking there is only 1 kid in there that happened to compete in race events so he is accidently lumped into to the ranking calculation.

If we can get ReDesign to create a new ranking that looks at skiers separately and counts those with scores in BX, SS and HP then we can have that ranking as well. But this late in the season and during crunch time it probably isn't going to happen. Also, we cannot afford to pay for that ranking calculation to be added right now.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.33 seconds
You are here: Forum