Saturday April 19, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Coach Certification Clinics and Recerts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coach Certification Clinics and Recerts

Coach Certification Clinics and Recerts 5 years, 5 months ago #29

• joncasson
Hello Snowboard Coaches-

I have a few dates for coach clinics posted on the Officals page of the USASA website. I will be adding more clinics and opening online registration for these clinics as I get details finalized. Please let me know if you need a clinic in your area and we'll work on getting one arranged. There are a couple of requirements to host a coach clinic:

1. Ski area access- There is an on-snow portion to the clinics.
2. 4-6 participants at each level- it doesnt make sense to host clinics for 1 or 2 people.
3. Meeting space- a large portion of the clinic is indoors, so we need meeting space for the participants. Ideally, a room for each level being hosted.

Here are some answers to a couple of common questions.

Recertification
Level 100 and 200 Coach Certifications last for 2 years. We are working on an online recertification exam that you can take once before you have to attend a clinic. I hope to have that test launched by the end of November. Cost for the online recert will be $60.

For example- Coach Joe passed his Level 100 exam in Nov of 2006 and wishes to recertify at Level 100. He can take the online test in 2008, but if he wishes to recert at Level 100 in 2010- he would ned to attend a clinic. At anytime, Coach Joe could take and pass the Level 200 and the cycle resets. Make sense?

Level 300
Level 300 will be a 2 part clinic and exam. Part 1 is the Tech section and will be run in conjunction with USASA Nationals. Part 2 is Program/Athlete Development and will be run at the USSA Center of Excellence in Park City in conjunction with the Annual USSA Spring Congress.

AASI
We recognize any AASI Cert 3 Instructor as Coach Level 100 provided they become either USSA or USASA members. AASI Cert 3 instructors will be able to immediately attend and take the Level 200 Coach clinic/exam anytime they wish.

I hope this answers some common questions. For full details of the coach ed program, see the Coach Ed Details PDF attached

Please hit me back with any questions.

Jon Casson
USASA Coach Ed Coordinator
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re:Coach Certification Clinics and Recerts 5 years, 5 months ago #33

• trickthat
As a level 3 AASI do I need to do anything to have my membership card say I'm level 100 equivalent. This will be most important if I need to sign a sanctionaing form.

Re:Coach Certification Clinics and Recerts 5 years, 5 months ago #34

• joncasson
Hi Trick-

When you register for USASA, just drop me a line and I'll update your USASA Coach status. As of right now, the 3 databases (USASA, USSA and AASI) are not linked, so I have to make changes manually. Also, we havent yet configured a system to print coach certs on AASI or USSA cards. It will show up on your USASA Card, though. Thanks for the question!

Re:Coach Certification Clinics and Recerts 5 years, 4 months ago #36

• thoriii
Any chance you are going to add any out here in Tahoe?

Re:Coach Certification Clinics and Recerts 5 years, 4 months ago #37

• joncasson
Yup- working on something at Boreal between Rev Tour and Grand Prix. Hope to have something posted shortly.

Re:Coach Certification Clinics and Recerts 5 years, 4 months ago #38

• thoriii
Sweet good to know.
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 1.15 seconds
You are here: Forum