Copper Mountain, CO
March 28-April 5, 2008
General Information Sheet
Once you get here, you have several parking options. There is free parking in the Alpine Lot which is located at the eastern edge of the resort - you will see signs once you get off I-70 at exit 195. There are also 3 pay lots in the base village, which get you a little bit closer to the action for $20/day - simply follow signs for "Close-In Pay Parking". Cash and checks are accepted. There is no longer parking available for our guests in Union Creek. There is limited drop-off parking only at Union Creek.
- If you get here early, our recommendation is to park in the Alpine Lot. Shuttles run from the Alpine Lot to all 3 base areas. Our beginner area, Union Creek, is serviced by the Union Creek /Green shuttle. All services (food, rentals, lessons, etc.) are available at each base area.
- See shuttle system info sheet for further info
- USASA Participants lodging with Copper Mountain are encouraged to check-in before heading to registration. Even if your room isn’t ready you can still get your parking pass and go to your room’s designated parking prior to heading to registration.
- All close-in parking is pay only
- Pay lots become FREE daily at 2pm
- Registration is located on the first floor of the Copper Conference Center near Copper’s climbing wall
- Registration serves as the USASA information hub. Schedules, events, resort information etc will be posted the daily. Any other information will be posted as necessary in registration, at venues and online.
- ALL registered competitors will get a 7- day lift ticket for Copper. This will allow every competitor to ride every day of Nationals including the Saturday practice day, all 5 of your competition days and your "day off".
- Friends and Family tickets will be available for $39 per day. 1-, 3,- and 5- day tickets will be offered. You can purchase them at USASA registration, any Copper ticket window or Guest Services location. You will need to bring a voucher to purchase the Friends and Family Tickets at ticket windows and Guest Services locations. You can pick up the voucher at registration throughout the week.
- Foot passenger tickets are also available for the Highpoint and American Eagle Lifts for only $15. You can purchase them at USASA registration, any Copper ticket window or Guest Services location. Appropriate footwear & winter clothing is highly recommended.
- Highpoint foot passengers will be expected to walk down from the venues. The trail will be marked with blue rope and signs. The Highpoint foot passenger ticket will not provide downloading on any lift or snow cat.
- American Eagle foot passengers are able to ride the lift up and down from the venues. Last ride down is 4:00pm
- No foot passengers on Excelerator
- There is also the opportunity to take a snow cat to the Slopestyle and Boardercross Events. Tickets are $15 and will be sold on a first come, first served basis due to limited space. Snow cat tickets can be purchased ONLY at USASA Registration. Along with the purchase of a ticket, you will need to sign up for your up-load and down-load times. Snow cat tickets are good for one ride up and one ride down, and good only for the times you signed up for.
- The snow cat will up load on the hour from 8am – 4pm, and down-load on the half hour from 9:30am – 4:30pm, March 30 – April 4.
- Up-load pick-up for the snow cat is in located Center Village, just west of the American Flyer. People riding the cat need to be there 10 min before their scheduled up-load time.
- All Alpine venues are located on Copperopolis just under the Excelerator Lift.
- To get to the Alpine venues please take the American Eagle chair lift. The finishes are located at the base of the Excelerator lift.
- The Slopestyle venue is located in the Catalyst Terrain Park located on the Loverly trail.
- To get to Slopestyle take the American Flyer lift and follow High Point trail to the Catalyst Terrain Park
- You can also take the Highpoint Lift located in Union Creek.
- The Boardercross venue is located on the Vein Glory trail.
- To get to the Boardercross venue please take the American Flyer lift and follow High Point trail to Vein Glory trail (located to Skiers left of the terrain park.
- You can also take the Highpoint Lift Located in Union Creek. You will fly right over the BX course.
- The Superpipe venue is located in Center Village at the base of the Main Vein run and the American Eagle lift.
- To get to the Superpipe you need to walk across the base between the American Eagle and American Flyer lifts, watching out for cross traffic, and hike up to the pipe. You can also take the American Eagle lift and ski/ride to the bottom of the pipe and hike up from there.
- Another great spot to watch the Superpipe event is on Jack’s Deck. Located just below the base of the pipe.
- Spectators should not enter at the top of the pipe for viewing.
- Lifts open for competitors (Flyer and Eagle) 7:30am
- Lift open for competitors (Excelerator) 8:30am
- Highpoint Lift 8:30am weekends, 9:00am weekdays
- Lifts open the public 9:00am weekdays, 8:30 weekends
- Copper is providing a designated lift lane for the competitors. To use this designated lane you must have a credential, and athletes must be wearing their bib along with their credential.
USASA Shopping Discounts:
Woodward at Copper – The Cage
Woodward at Copper -The Cage is not just your normal retail store we are a full service ski and snowboard tune shop carrying all your freestyle product needs from top brands. If you are looking for a place to hang out come by the store to check out our free Red Bull sponsored IMAC video editing bays, watch shred flicks on the big screen, play some video games while lounging on the huge bean bags, or skate Summit County's only indoor mini-bowl!
- Come to Woodward at Copper – The Cage with your USASA Credentials and receive
- 10%-50% off of everything at The Cage
- 20% off of ski and board tunes
- Free skatebowl sessions
- $2 safety equipment rentals, $5 for the whole set
- $5 skateboard rentals
- Free access to IMAC video editing bays
- $5 30- minute internet access
Activities: Ongoing and Special
Coca-Cola Tubing Hill*
- Located in East Village
- March 31- April 3- 11am-6pm
- 4/4- 4/5 - 11am – 7pm
- Adults 13+ $22, Children $18
To book call 866.416.9874. or visit any Guest Services location.
*Reservations are highly recommended as we do book up fast for all time slots.
Quad Power Bungee Jump
- 3:30 – 6:00 p.m., 7 days a week, weather permitting.
- $10 for 1 jump session
- Purchase tickets inside the Mountain Adventure Center at the Guest Services desk.
- Copper’s Arcade – Located Next to Woodward at Copper – The Cage, in the Village Square building, by West Lake.
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Over 24 different games plus a jukebox, photo booth and more
Woodward at Copper
The Cage: Skate Bowl Comp – Located In the Village Square building, next to West Lake
- Monday 31st - Friday 4th
- 6 - 7pm Registration for comp (at The Cage), competition from 7-9pm
- Approx. 20-25 participants a night
- First come, first served
- Peer judging, 5-6 person session